Aromahead Institute – Aromatherapy Certification Program Online
Here at Aromahead Institute, we’re committed to providing you with the best-quality education available… in a way that fits your unique dreams, goals and lifestyle.
That’s why our ACP (Aromatherapy Certification Program) gives you the opportunity to receive TWO certificates – designating you first as an Essential Oil Specialist, then as a Certified Aromatherapist!
Deepen Your Knowledge
Whether you’re brand new to essential oils or have been using them for years, the ACP (Aromatherapy Certification Program) is a fun and flexible way to deepen your knowledge of the art + science of aromatherapy.
The Aromahead team is a dedicated community of educators, with a tremendous wealth of knowledge about aromatherapy and natural health. Our teachers are all certified Aromatherapists with years of experience.
This is our passion and our purpose – and we can’t wait to share it with you!
This Program Will Build Your Confidence To…
- Use essential oils safely and effectively for enjoyment, self-care and natural healing.
- Develop a new career in aromatherapy.
- Enhance your existing career through the use of essential oils (They’re a great addition to a wide range of businesses).
- Understand the research behind WHY essential oils work, so you can backup your love of aromatherapy with scientific facts.
- Clearly understand what aromatherapy can and can’t do – and feel confident helping people improve their health and well-being with essential oils.
- Create blends to help ease physical pain and symptoms – and balance difficult emotions (such as anxiety and fear) 100% naturally.
- Know how to make a wide variety of body care products, including: body butters, hand soaps, lip balms, bath salts, healing salves, and more.
- Teach aromatherapy classes or write about aromatherapy.
- Learn advanced techniques that integrate the chemistry, aroma + energetics of essential oils – so your blends work on multiple levels.
- Create natural products and blends that are safe for children, pregnant or nursing women, and the elderly.
When You Pursue Certification You’ll Also…
- Gain practical, real life experience creating blends to support people with specific health challenges – and receive extensive feedback on your blends from your personal case study instructor.
- Take Aromahead’s Anatomy & Physiology class – which will broaden your understanding of how the human body functions, and support your ability to choose the most ideal oils and blends in each situation.
- Explore an aromatherapy-related topic of your choice. Some examples of topics our students have researched for their final paper include: Using Essential Oils to Reduce Anxiety, Aromatherapy & Fibromyalgia, Using Essential Oils with Children, and Aromatherapy: Past, Present & Future.
- Gain the added credibility and trust that comes with being officially Certified as an Aromatherapist.
Did You Know?
Our Aromatherapy Certification Program is approved by The National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA), and the Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA) – both leading governing bodies for educational standards for Aromatherapists.
The program is also approved by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP), an independent accrediting board for alternative health educational institutions and programs.
- An Orientation + 7 in-depth lessons – which you can access 24/7 in our beautiful, user-friendly online classroom.
- 27 instructional videos and webinars led by Aromahead Founder and Lead Instructor Andrea Butje
- Blending exercises and other FUN hands-on projects to deepen your learning.
- Review questions to quiz yourself at the end of each lesson.
- 48 original aromatherapy recipes and blends developed by Andrea Butje for the ACP. The recipes are compiled into a beautiful color PDF that you can download and print.
- 48 detailed datasheets for the essential oils studied in the course. Aromahead’s printer-friendly datasheets clearly lay out all the most important information you might need on hand for easy reference – including each oil’s: therapeutic properties, emotional and energetic properties, safety data, chemical profile, Latin name, botanical family, plant part, plant origin, practical clinical applications, aroma, note, and extraction method.
- FREE access to Aromahead Institute’s Anatomy and Physiology online class.
- 15% off discount on all essential oils, carrier oils, butters, bottles, supplies, and specific blending kits from Aromatics International for one year after you register.
- An extensive private list of resources for high-quality Aromatherapy supplies and related services.
- Contact information for prominent aromatherapy organizations and journals. Stay current with the industry, learn about the conferences, and gather articles from aromatherapy experts.
- Permanent unlimited access to all the course materials and videos – including any updates to the content – even after you have completed the program.
- Permanent unlimited access to the exclusive Aromahead Online Forum – where you can ask questions, participate in discussions, and receive answers from our amazing instructors… as well as connecting with other Aromahead students and graduates from over 170 countries around the world.
In Orientation, You’ll Learn:
- Essential oil safety guidelines
- Blending + dilution techniques
- Introduction to essential oil chemistry
- Labeling guidelines and how to use FDA-friendly language
- Aromatherapy scope of practice
- 48 printable essential oil datasheets (with facts about each oil, therapeutic + clinical uses, safety considerations and scientific references)
In Lesson 1, You’ll Learn:
- How essential oils are absorbed
- All about olfaction (your sense of smell)
- Safe use of oils on the skin
- How to read a GC/MS report (and how they can help you choose oils in each situation)
- Latin names + chemical families – and why they’re important
- How to create inhalers and steam blends
- Physical + emotional properties of essential oils
In Lesson 2, You’ll Learn:
- A brief history of aromatherapy
- Methods for extracting essential oils
- All about carrier oils + butters
- How to make healing salves
- How oils can help heal injury and reduce inflammation
- How oils can reduce stress and ease pain
- How understanding specific chemical families can improve your blending
In Lesson 3, You’ll Learn:
- Chemical components + medicinal properties of essential oils
- Potential drug interactions (and how to avoid them!)
- How to price your oils + products for resale
- Making bath blends and skin healing products
- Monoterpenol + sesquiterpenol chemical family and their distinctive qualities
In Lesson 4, You’ll Learn:
- What are hydrosols and how to use them
- The best skin-nourishing essential oils
- Blends for reducing infections, pain + inflammation
- How to make luscious body butters
- Learn all about the essential oils in the phenols, aldehydes and ketone families
- Begin working one-on-one with your instructor on case studies
In Lesson 5, You’ll Learn:
- The art of blending by aroma
- Natural remedies for respiratory issues
- Powerful oils from the Ester, Oxide and Ether families + their safety considerations
- Hand soaps, salt scrubs, and inhalers
- How to format GC/MS reports and create your own essential oil datasheets
In Lesson 6, You’ll Learn:
- Essential oils and pregnant women… what you need to know
- Advanced blending techniques
- How to find the best oil substitutions for a recipe
- Lip balms, room sprays + linen sprays
- Natural cleaning products
In Lesson 7, You Will:
- Complete any remaining requirements to become a Certified Aromatherapist
- Create a vision for how you’ll use your certification in your life and career
- Discover new ways of growing your thriving aromatherapy business
How It Works
Ready to become a Certified Aromatherapist? You can start right now!
The Aromatherapy Certification Program is an independent, self-study program.
As soon as you register, you will have immediate access to the course by logging into your account and accessing our beautiful user-friendly online classroom, which includes all of your written + video content, as well as interactive learning activities.
You’ll also have full access to our online forum – where you can ask questions, participate in discussions, and receive answers from our amazing instructors (as well as other Aromahead students and graduates).
You can complete the lessons at your own pace, from anywhere in the world that you can log on to the internet. Many students report that they return to their materials again and again, even years after graduating from the program.
Anyone may register for this class. No previous aromatherapy training is required.
ONE Program – TWO Certificates!
You will earn two certificates in this program – designating you first as an Essential Oil Specialist, then as a Certified Aromatherapist.
Requirements for Certification
In order to receive your official certification from Aromahead Institute, and call yourself a Certified Aromatherapist, you will:
- Complete the 7 Lessons in the Aromatherapy Certification Program, and pass the final exams.
- Complete 20 case studies and an 8-10 page paper.
- Complete Aromahead Institute’s online Anatomy and Physiology class (included in your ACP tuition at no extra cost).
- Pay tuition in full. If you paid with a payment plan, your payments must be completed to receive your certification.
- You will earn TWO certificates in this program – designating you first as an Essential Oil Specialist, then as a Certified Aromatherapist.
- Start the class the moment you complete your registration OR sign up now and get started later! Your course never expires.
- Work at your own pace and on your own timeline (our online classroom is available 24/7).
- You have permanent unlimited access to your course materials – as well as any subsequent updates to the course content – even after you have completed the program.
- Ask questions, participate in discussions, and receive answers from our amazing instructors – along with other Aromahead students and graduates – in our fabulous online forum.
- Approved for 235 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for Massage Therapy by the NCBTMB and 90 CEUs in Florida. This course will also count towards CEU requirements of New York.
Who This Is For…
- Anyone who wants to develop a career in aromatherapy – or use essential oils in their existing career
- Health coaches, educators + advocates of essential oils
- Health care practitioners (i.e. doctors, nurses, naturopaths)
- Anyone who wants to make sure they are using essential oils safely and effectively
- Anyone who wants to learn to make health and body care products with essential oils